Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finishing (Day 1)

I'm using clear shellac, and at the end of day 1, I've got 8 coats, with sanding after every 2 coats. Tomorrow I'll see how it looks and decide how much further I'm going to take it.


2 coats and counting...



It may look like I'm going to finish all of the pieces where they are, but there is a lazy susan that I put the parts on, It makes it really nice to be able to get to all corners easily.
Little ducks all in a row.




Well, all the parts are sanded and ready for finish. I can't tell you how much I'd love to say this is my finish shop, but I am lucky enough to work for a company that has one. It was kind of a pain to haul projects, gear, and finish to another shop, but you can't beat the clean room, and ventilation that a professional shop can offer.
Setup and ready to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment