Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Leg workup part 1.2

I broke the first rule of troubleshooting, which is changing more than one thing to find out what is wrong. I took a chopped up 2x4 and used it as a caul, and I did not clamp the pieces to the table. I did continue to use Titebond III. After I clamped up the next leg, (only 1 side of a glueup) I still had a little bit of a gap. I think that by the time I chamfer the corners, it will not be not be a problem.

After the clampup was cured enought to take out of the clamps, I cleaned up the edges, and then I ran all 4 pieces through the surface planer to get all the pieces back to a uniform size. After that, i had to resaw a new board, and plane it down to thickness.

Again, it was time for a glueup. I decided to put all of my eggs into one basket, and switched to Titebond ILO Titebond III. My thinking is that the Titebond III was maybe a little more flexable, and was pulling away. I also decided to glue the entire stack together in one clamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment