Thursday, April 16, 2009

End workup part 2

I mentioned that the mortises were centered, but that isn't very accurate. It's really hard to get it exactly centered. So, I took steps to make sure that the faces were cut on the same side, so if they were off center, that they would at least line up with each other.
First set of mortises cut.



After a little time with setup, I have it pretty well centered.
Starting the mortise cutout.



I got the other side dry fitted last night, and started the layout for the mortises. I am going to have a wide center spindle, flanked by 2 smaller spindles on each side. You can tell in the picture, that I only have the X/Y layout lines, and only a Z line on one board. The reason for this is because after I get it setup in the mortise machine, I don't need to worry about it.
Layout complete for mortise.

No comments:

Post a Comment